Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Down

Running is a sick sport: we go out in the woods, race as fast as we can, push ourselves till we can't go anymore, and then keep on going. Runners, as all athletes, test the limits everyday. When your mind and body don't click, however, it can be detrimental.  Legs weak, body moving in slow motion, mind screaming either to go or quit: this was me the first three races of the season.  It took some time off and me centering myself to get back on track, but it paid off.  This weekend I almost ran my Personal Record and can finally say I am happy with my racing performance. I felt it, I felt strong and fast: I was confident in my training and racing ability.  Sometimes it takes falling off the rails a bit to get you back on track and in gear.  You can say our football team has even done this:  they started off with a loss for the season-opener, but are now on a 4 game winning streak! (Congrats Boys!) The Men's soccer team also had a rough start, but have since then put some wins behind them (including a win this weekend over Millersville).  The Mercyhurst Women's Soccer and Volleyball teams should soon enough get back on track.  Its not all about the win, but the way you get there as well- falls, bad races, bad days, rough practices and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment