Sunday, October 14, 2012

Never Truly Off

"Off Weekend"= no scheduled practice, no race, no travel time...a break.  The term "off weekend" is a welcome rest time for the cross country team as we get into the final weeks of our season, and are beginning to feel the miles on miles of pounding our bodies into the ground that we put ourselves through.  
Though we have the option and opportunity to go our own ways and do somethings separate for a few days, I find myself still running and eating with my team- even out to eat for a birthday dinner.  Now don't get me wrong, we all have friends outside of the team and spend a lot of time with them and away from cross country...but a special bond is created with teammates who we spend everyday with, a bond that brings us together even during rest periods of no organized practice or events.  I'm in love with this aspect of team, I know my teammates have my back and are always there....even on off days.


No comments:

Post a Comment